Application monitoring and analysis should be performed by organisations on an ongoing basis to ensure that they deliver the best user experience and keep their customers satisfied.
APMs collect and quantify hundreds of values in order to measure the performance of an application.
Application Performance Management (APM) is an essential tool to help both development and systems teams optimise and monitor the performance of an application.
Allowing us to identify problems such as:
- DB Queries or slow external transactions.
- Through profiling we can see if our Java application has Garbage Collection problems or is running out of memory in any of the JVM zones.
- Identify individual unsuccessful transactions by being able to see where in the transaction the user has been left behind.
- Monitor basic metrics such as CPU, memory, network, etc.
- Identify application errors with the APM’s own error control.
- Identify through KPIs the possible regressions that an application has had at a performance level.
Remember that applications are key components of many computer networks, which means it is important that they work properly and do not crash or lag. For this reason, many companies invest in APM (application monitoring and analysis) to avoid costly application problems and downtime.
Application monitoring and analysis tools can be: software as a service (SaaS), open source software and closed source or proprietary solutions. Today we will talk about:
SaaS (Software as a Service)
In this model, the customer has access via the internet to the monitoring software, hosted on third-party servers, through a subscription to the service. The SaaS distribution model has many benefits:
Its scalability makes it ideal for service providers – as the business grows, subscriptions can be upgraded according to the number of users and websites, without having to purchase additional hardware or other costly resources.
Discover the value that this solution will have for your company. We offer you a technological consultancy service and advice tailored to your needs. Contact us!